Adolf Hitler long had a penchant for the development of exotic heavy weapons, and one such example was the super heavy Panzer VIII ‘Maus’, a 188 metric-ton monster armed with a deadly 128mm gun and a coaxial 75mm gun. Two of the Mäuse were undergoing trials at the Kummersdorf Proving Grounds, but only one was armed, the other being equipped with a dummy turret. With the Russians fast approaching the proving grounds, the two Mäuse were prepared for action. The remaining mobile tanks at the proving grounds were organized as an ad hoc Panzer company and ordered to move south by train to the town of Baruth. There they were to detrain and block the advance of the Soviet 6th Guards Tank Corps. An immobile tank, FlaK gun and a Volkssturm Company were mustered to defend the proving grounds facility. The two remaining Mäuse were dispatched eastwards toward Wünsdorf and Töpchin to block the Soviet tank spearheads, which were racing towards the OKH headquarters at Zossen, on the road to Berlin.
Attacker: German (Elements of schwere Panzer-Zug ‘Maus’, Kummersdorf Panzerlehr-und-Versuchsgrupp)
Defender: Russian (Elements of 6th Guards Red Banner Tank Corps)
Turns: 7 Players: 2 OBA: Russian Night: No
On the Wünsdorf-Töpchin Road, Germany 1945-04-21
Squads: A:6.0 D:11.5
AFVs: A:4 PzJg Tiger x 2 FlakPz IV/37 x 1 SPW 251/1 x 1
D:5 IS-2m x 1 SU-100 x 1 ISU-122 x 1 T-34/85 x 2 GAZ-67B x 1 IAG-6 x 1 GAZ-MM x 1